Wednesday 16 January 2019

RELEASE OF A BOOK OF A FRIEND

Yesterday I witnessed friend Hardaman cutting the big cake on his 66th birthday. That was after his second Book, "Mirrored Reflections", was released in a well attended elegant function in Hotel Marrion.

Ever smiling Hardaman was the sitting duck, receiving friendly taunts, humour, banter, bouquets and compliments. A friend, who he studied with since his school days, wondered where Hardaman, ever jovial and smiling, had kept all the anger hidden all these years till he poured them in his poems.

That made me think. What's wrong with anger? I asked myself, so long it does not consume but seasons.

I would however be wary of those who make efforts to live in anger. I would love to see the flower; not make efforts to look for the thorn.I would,of course, not ignore the thorn, if I chance to meet it in my pursuit of flower. 
Burden of Hardaman's song was not anger either. He has given just adequate space to it as he has, to love, happiness and sorrow.

Here is what he writes in his poem "Social Dolls" ----
"Am I not liked
because I am
what I am
and not what you
want me to be "
We all like you, Hardaman, for what you are and want you to remain the way you like. Keep writing. My best wishes.

******
January 16, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment