Wednesday 16 January 2019

TALKING ABOUT REVOLUTION

I listened to his short interview. He had had years of experience in Indian judiciary. He spoke of India's institutions collapsing; about Parliament not functioning; about cases languishing for decades in Courts. He referred to dilapidated buildings and how we renovate those which are amenable to repair and how we demolish those which are not. 
He had a solution to the prevailing chaos. The existing rotten system needed to be pulled down. For him "Revolution" was the only solution. 
I was a bit uncomfortable with the prescription. I remembered Jai Prakash Narain. Majority of Indians had gone with him. I too. I remembered his lieutenants who had raised their hands and promised before Mahatma's Samadhi to ensure a new order. That had sent shivers down my spine. 
Disillusionment soon overcame me and I realised that leopard never changed its spots.
 "What is Revolution" I asked myself. It is entirely different from what we hear in armchair talk. I too agree we are in terrible mess and must have a solution. I too think of a Revolution that would bring a change for the better. 
For me Revolution is doing things myself that I consider should be done.

*******
January 16, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment