Thursday 23 August 2018

THE MORNING SCENE

I see early in the morning almost every other day on the quiet wide lane an old hatchback car, smeared in dust, proclaiming itself as a Driving School, making slow, short moves while I am walking. 

I overtake it without efforts. The school impresses me for its high pupil teacher ratio of 1:1. The pupil, on most occasions, a lady, struggles to back the vehicle and get into a narrow lane, perhaps as part of the lesson. On some days I see the vehicle motionless for minutes and I presume that period of " no movement" to be the time when the tutor perhaps holds the lecture class inside the school. 

On some days I notice someone striving to tame a heavy motorcycle. in this case, the tutor is the pinion rider and the learner at the front. 

Both look alarmed at the approach of the speed-bumps on the lane. I keep myself at a safe distance when the learner on the Bike negotiates the bumps, for that is the time the machine behaves like an inebriated horse transiting from trotting to gallop.

******** 


No comments:

Post a Comment