Tuesday 28 August 2018

THOSE WHO MAKE A CHEERFUL WORLD

He wasn't famous that people would accost him on the street and ask for an autograph; but this morning when I saw him from a distance, I did go off my beaten track to accost him precisely because he was dear to me and has been foremost in my mind early in the morning for about a month I wasn't seeing him on the lane, having his slow walk. His round face put on the usual benign smile seeing me approaching him. I felt reassured. He wasn't taken ill. " It was the rain," he said, that had kept him away from walk. I looked into his eyes again, to read his thoughts and feel if he wasn't keeping anything from me. He smiled back, looking straight into my eyes. I believed his smile. The world around that had looked somewhat indisposed in his absence, suddenly turned cheerful.

******** 

No comments:

Post a Comment