Friday 3 August 2018

THE SEVEN YEAR OLD TOO LIKED GOLGAPPA

My daughter  went to the car parked nearby, to keep the bag that had gone heavy after we had made some purchases from the provision store. She would join us in a minute, she said, and advised me to have Golgappa from the nice eatery in the shopping arcade. 

Without waiting for her I and his seven year old son, Sidhant, walked into the Golgappa shop.I asked for Golgappa, and soon the boy gave me a paper cup to hold. I asked for another, for my daughter, and asked a quiet Sidhant to hold it till his mother arrived. 

The boy placed a Golgappa on my cup and I had the ultimate delight, when its nectar  filled my mouth and made me feel immortal. He had placed a Golgappa on Sidhant's cup too . I thought Sidhant would make a mess of it. I saw no trace of it in the cup. He had opened his mouth as wide as I did, had put the entire Golgappa with the same ease as I did, and quietly finished it. He was now as eager for the second one as I was. We ate with same speed and comfort till our quota of six each was reached.

 I narrated my excitement to his mother. She was cool and told me how Sidhant loved Golgappa as much as I did. That was the reason she had decided to leave both of us alone while she looked for something else in a nearby shop.

*******
3rd August, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment